Sitting down to plan a wedding can be an overwhelming experience for couples, especially if it is their first wedding. Here are a list of the best wedding places in houston that you can use as a starting point.
Houston is full of great wedding and reception places, but I can tell you the best ones. Whether you’re looking for the perfect romantic place, somewhere with beautiful landscape, or a great spot for pictures and special memories, I can help you find your dream wedding location in Houston!.
Locating a venue for your wedding is probably the toughest part of planning the event. With so many beautiful locations under one roof it’s hard to narrow down your favorite places to visit. Choosing a location for your ceremony and reception can be very time consuming (even stressful at times).
Houston is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a small and intimate ceremony, or you want to invite hundreds of people to celebrate with you, Houston has options that will accommodate your needs. There are also many venues in Houston that offer different types of receptions. Some may be more formal, while others may be more casual. Regardless of the type of wedding you are planning on having, there are many great places to choose from in Houston.
On this list we will discuss some of the best wedding places in Houston and give an overview of each one so that you can get an idea as to what each location offers. We will also discuss pricing at each venue so that you can get an idea as to how much it costs to use these locations for your wedding day.
In Houston, the wedding season is a year-round affair. The city has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for an elegant and formal affair or a more casual atmosphere.
Here are some of the best wedding places in Houston:
The Barn at Wesley Chapel
This venue offers an indoor pavilion, which can accommodate up to 400 guests, as well as a large outdoor space with a rustic barn feel and rolling hillsides.
Houston Country Club
This historic club boasts two ballrooms that can accommodate up to 550 guests, making it one of the larger venues in town. It’s also known for its excellent food and service, and its staff will help you plan every aspect of your big day from start to finish.
La Grange Historic Residence & Event Center
This venue offers an intimate setting with fewer than 200 seats, along with beautiful grounds and architecture. It’s perfect for those who want an elegant but small ceremony without sacrificing comfort or quality—and it’s located just 20 miles north of downtown Houston!
For rustic modernity …
Rebecca Martens from Belle Events shared, “The Revaire has the ability to transform into any theme or vibe. You have plenty of room to get creative and design large scale productions.”
The Revaire can host up to 1,500 guests.
For luxe architecture and décor …
Martens also shared that, “The Astorian’s big city views and eclectic artisan décor” puts this venue on her top list.
The Astorian can host up to 700 guests.
For elegant Spanish style architecture …
Emily Rudelson from Planned With shared, “Built in 1926, this venue has a charming, historic architecture that’s been beautifully restored. It features 8 distinct and unique event spaces across 3 floors, ranging from intimate to expansive. With its tall ceilings and mix of indoor and outdoor spaces, it makes for a wedding that will be truly unforgettable.”
Julia Ideson Library can host up to 200 guests.
Julia Ideson Library
For a trendy take on a hotel ballroom …
Ann Whittington from Ann Whittington Events shared, “The ballroom overlooks the iconic fountains and Hermann Park with floor to ceiling windows. This is a historic building that has been the spot for parties since 1926 when it was opened as the Warwick Hotel.”
Hotel Zaza Museum District can host up to 600 guests.
Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District
For a historic ballroom …
Alli Ryan Motley from Impressions Events shared, “The Crystal Ballroom in the Old Rice Hotel downtown has an elegant and posh interior topped with historical architectural details, married with a contemporary new look. The jaw-dropping enormity of the outdoor terrace overlooking downtown is one that will leave a lasting impression on your guests.”
Crystal Ballroom at the Rice can host up to 400 guests.
Crystal Ballroom at the Rice
Additional Recommendations from PartySlate
For an out-of-this-world event …
- Immerse yourself into a world of science and space for a unique wedding experience
- The Special Events Building has floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Independence Plaza
- Space Center Houston can host up to 5,500 guests
Space Center Houston
For an intimate, creative space …
- With brick walls and concrete floors, this 1,300 square-foot loft is the perfect venue for artists and creatives alike to showcase their personal wedding style
- This tropical summer wedding used colorful décor to accentuate the unique artwork in the space
- Bisong Art Gallery can host up to 80 guests
Bisong Art Gallery
For rustic beauty …
- This reconstructed barn venue offers rustic beauty combined with modern finishes throughout the event spaces
- This charming wedding brought the outdoors in with greenery, florals, and lighting
- The Meekermark can host up to 200 guests
For a modern, customizable space …
- Just north of Houston, this venue sits on 16 lakefront acres with stunning views and scenery
- This colorful summer garden wedding used delicate and minimalistic florals and colors to keep the bright and airy atmosphere of the event space
- Forever 5 Events can host up to 200 guests
Forever 5 Events
For love in bloom …
- An oasis near downtown Houston sitting on 132 acres of protected land, this botanic garden is a horticulture heaven
- This intimate wedding took advantage of the natural beauty of the venue and hosted their ceremony beneath the trees
- Houston Botanic Garden can host up to 500 guests
Houston Botanic Garden
For a luxurious atmosphere …
- Signature Manor invites you to bring in your preferred caterers and vendors to fully customize and make your wedding space your own
- This glamorous wedding left no detail overlooked with copious white and gold florals and décor
- Signature Manor can host up to 700 guests
For classic and effortless elegance …
- This venue has 4 event spaces ranging from grand ballroom to open and airy atrium
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston can host up to 1,000 guests
Four Seasons Hotel Houston
For ultimate luxury …
- This venue offers indoor ballroom spaces as well as an outdoor garden area to host your event poolside
- Omni Hotel Houston can host up to 450 guests
Omni Hotel Houston
For sleek architecture and décor …
- Host your ceremony, reception, or cocktail hour on the rooftop of this venue overlooking downtown Houston
- Hotel ICON can host up to 250 guests