If you’re vacationing on the beach and in charge of dinner, don’t let me catch you running all over town to grab ingredients. This roundup includes easy, affordable recipes for picnics of all kinds that can be prepped at home or purchased from your favorite food trucks at the beachSave yourself time and money by preparing simple, easy and delicious dinner recipes while on vacation.
When most of us go on vacation, we just want to relax and let loose. No responsibilities, no schedule, and maybe a few cocktails. But still, who doesn’t love relaxing by the pool (or beach) and getting some good food? So why not start off your vacation right with a delicious dinner you make yourself?Summer vacation is a great time to remind yourself that you don’t need to slave over a hot stove every night that you’re not working. While this article isn’t specifically written for those of us with a 9-5, it’s a good reminder to all of us who like to get away from it all, that we can cook in much easier ways than the standard (although delicious) grilled fare we all make so often at home.
Easy Beach Vacation Dinner Ideas
Beach Condo Meal Ideas
Anyone else counting down the days to summer vacation? I don’t know about you, but I LOVE heading to the beach for summer vacation. We usually stay at a hotel, but this year we are going to rent a house or condo. Since we will have a kitchen, we are going to do a little cooking while we are there. Today I am sharing 25 Quick & Easy Beach Vacation Meals. I have breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes that are perfect for your upcoming trip!
What to Bring to Your Beach Rental
Most rental houses and condos come equipped with the basics, but we’ve listed a few of our favorite things that it may not have. You can either bring these things with you or order it ahead of time and have shipped to your destination so it’s there waiting for you.
- Disposable Half-Sheet Baking Pans with Lids: I use these all the time at home and when traveling with food. These are a MUST!
- Slow Cooker: Your rental may have a slow cooker, if not, this one is good. You can make several recipes in this. I love to throw the potato casserole or Smothered Green Beans in here.
- Gallon Freezer Bags: gallon freezer bags are another must for me. I use them for everything. I precook ground beef, sausage, and bacon and place them in the bags. The bags are also perfect to marinate pork, steaks, and chicken.
- Large Cooler: if you are going to do some meal prep before you head down, you will need a large cooler to store everything in. I pack the cooker with frozen casseroles, burgers, and marinades.
Beach Vacation Meals for Large Groups
Most of these recipes can be made in advance and frozen for the trip. All of the recipes are easy to double or triple for a crowd.
- For burger night, I make the burgers ahead of time and freeze them before we go down. I store them in our cooler.
- For grilled meats, you can place the meat in the freezer bag, add the marinade and freeze the bag. Alternately, you can whisk up the marinade and store it in a mason jar.
- Casseroles – all of the casseroles can be made in advance and frozen unbaked. When ready to bake, thaw and bake as directed. Write the time and temperature on the baking pan lid or aluminum foil.
Favorite Gulf Coast Beaches
The Florida Panhandle is our go-to destination. Our favorite beach is Destin, FL. We go down several times a year. You can check out all of our recommendations here: https://www.plainchicken.com/category/travel/usa/destin-fl/
We recently checked out the Alabama beaches in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. We stayed in a condo at Turquoise Place. It is the nicest place we’ve ever stayed on a trip. We want to move it in!
Check out all of our Gulf Shores/Orange Beach favorites here: https://www.plainchicken.com/category/travel/usa/gulf-shores-orange-beach/
25+ Best Beach SnacksWhat to Bring to the BeachBest Beach Toys for the Whole FamilyThe Ultimate Guide to Beach PhotographyThe First Thing You Should Do on a Beach Vacation with KidsHow to Avoid Sunburn at the BeachEssential Travel Grab Bag Items for KidsBest Beach Gear for Families
EASY VACATION MEALS FOR BEACH RENTALS
Published: May 23, 2020 · Modified: Mar 30, 2022 by Tiffany Dahle · This post may contain affiliate links
Want to save money on your next family beach vacation? Learn how to cook easy dinners in your beach condo. Don’t miss the free grocery shopping list so you can order the groceries for delivery before you even hit the road.
As we headed into the craziest summer on record, I was worried we wouldn’t be able to enjoy our annual family trip to the beach a couple years ago. Social distancing and crowded vacation hot spots don’t go hand in hand.
Our quick weekend family getaway to Myrtle Beach earlier in the year had me dreaming of those ocean views while we stayed safer at home.
You could hardly blame me, check out the gorgeous condo we found through Condo-World here.
The more I dreamed about it, the more I realized that you really can’t beat the safety of renting a beach condo for your family vacation. Especially if you plan to cook a week of meals right in your very own beach house kitchen.
We loved the break in our routine and the ability to continue our annual summer tradition of a family beach trip. This meal plan made that happen!Jump to:
- Why a Beach Condo is a Safe Option
- Why You Should Cook on a Beach Vacation
- How to Get Groceries Easily
- How to Cook a Week of Easy Vacation Recipes
- Easy Dinner Recipes for Small Rental Kitchens
- Official Beach Vacation Meal Plan for Dinners
- Easy Lunch Ideas
- Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Easy Desserts
- The Best Beach Snacks
- Free Grocery Shopping List
WHY A BEACH CONDO IS A SAFE OPTION
If you’re looking for a safe way to squeeze in your annual family beach vacation, there are few better options than renting an oceanfront beach condo in Myrtle Beach, NC.
- You get your own clean, private space for the trip.
- You can easily walk down to the beach early in the morning and later in the evening.
- You can enjoy the ocean views right from your balcony during the crowded times during the day.
- And perhaps most importantly, you have your own kitchen where you can safely prepare your meals for the week or comfortably enjoy take-out from a local restaurant.
There are so many beach condo options to pick from for all sizes of families and budgets. You can easily sort through the features you want most on the Condo-World web site.
They have the best stock of beach rental options from luxury oceanfront condos to budget-friendly family beach houses with a competitive price guarantee.
We have our family vacation already booked and we’re counting down the days till we can enjoy those ocean blues again.
WHY YOU SHOULD COOK ON A BEACH VACATION
One of my favorite parts about vacation is dining out at local restaurants but for that trip we planned to cook all of our meals right in the condo kitchen so we could have better peace of mind.
Since I didn’t want to spend the entire beach trip in the kitchen, I created a super-simple meal plan for a week’s worth of dinners and an assortment of easy breakfast and lunch ideas we kept stocked in our fridge.
Now that the world is opening back up, it is still a great idea to cook some of your meals at your beach rental because:
- Saves a Lot of Money: Even for a family of just 4, we were looking at $70+ for most dinners at a restaurant. Alternatively, we enjoy going out for a more affordable lunch and then just cooking dinner at home.
- Less Time Waiting: By the end of a busy day swimming, sometimes kids are too exhausted to even enjoy the meal out. It is so nice to just relax around a quiet dinner and have a restful evening not spent waiting in line for a table at a restaurant.
HOW TO GET GROCERIES EASILY
The last thing I wanted to do is head to a crowded grocery store on vacation, so I was thrilled to discover that Instacart serves the part of North Myrtle Beach where we stayed.
I pre-ordered all of our groceries for the entire week and had them delivered right to our condo door shortly after check-in on the first day of our trip.
The only decision that was left was which recipes to make and then knowing what to order!
HOW TO COOK A WEEK OF EASY VACATION RECIPES
- Order Your Groceries Ahead of Time
- Use a Meal Plan that Maximizes Each Ingredient
- Use Leftovers on Purpose for a No-Waste Week
- Leave Room for Relaxing and Keep it Easy!