In the ever busy life of a family as they run around in their daily routines, they forget to take time out for one another. It’s been months since you took that vacation trip with your family. The best thing to do is plan a family vacation in June. June provides a great opportunity for families to take vacation time from school and work. There are many things you can do with family members that keep everyone entertained and allows for relaxation and focus on the things that matter most…
The summer heat is something to avoid this time of the year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy all the great fun-filled events and activities there are. As long as it’s planned out well and your family is ready, getting yourself and your family together for a great getaway won’t be a hassle.
The best way to see everything around in the most stress free manner is to plan a family vacation.You want to give your family and yourself an opportunity to take some time off and just go.There are many different types of vacations you can choose from.You could decide on a cruise vacation or even a charter boat vacation.
Family Vacation In June
Best Family Summer Vacations
School’s out and workloads are lighter, making summer a prime season for family travel. Considering factors that make a destination stand out for families (like family-friendly accommodations, attractions that appeal to kids and easy travel itineraries), U.S. News determined this list of the best family summer vacations. Use this ranking to jumpstart your family vacation planning, and vote for your choice destination below. (Note: Some of the below destinations may be affected by the coronavirus outbreak. Check with the CDC and the U.S. Department of State before traveling.)
- View 40 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoYellowstone#1 in Best Family Summer VacationsYellowstone is an incredible place for adults, but its geysers, buffalo herds and rock formations can be especially magical through the eyes of a child. More than 900 miles of trails are available in the Wyoming, Montana and Idaho sections of the park, so you’re guaranteed to find the perfect route for your family. If you’d rather avoid hiking, you’ll find that many of Yellowstone’s most memorable attractions, including Yellowstone Lake, Mammoth Hot Springs and Old Faithful, are accessible by car. Since the park’s $35 entrance fee covers everyone in your car, Yellowstone is a relatively cheap family vacation destination. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 56 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoWashington, D.C.#2 in Best Family Summer VacationsThe perfect destination for families with kids who have recently completed a U.S. history class, the District of Columbia appeals to visitors of all ages. Summer days on the National Mall are incredible, as you can enjoy the warm weather while walking between national landmarks like the Washington Monument, the U.S. Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial. What’s more, the city’s multitude of Smithsonian museums are free to visit and are sure to satisfy every type of traveler. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 48 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoGrand Canyon#3 in Best Family Summer VacationsWhile a rim-to-rim hike of the Grand Canyon may be too daunting for the whole family, everyone can appreciate the park’s world-class views. There are also more accessible trails for adventurous families to take advantage of, while groups hoping for some relief from Arizona’s heat can enjoy the canyon during a river rafting excursion. Most visitors head to the Grand Canyon’s South Rim for its assortment of amenities, but families in search of thinner crowds and a more rustic experience should consider exploring the national park’s North Rim. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|FLIGHTS|THINGS TO DO
- View 42 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoOuter Banks#4 in Best Family Summer VacationsThe most experienced summer visitors to the Outer Banks spend their trips lounging in the sun on the 100-plus miles of barrier islands that line North Carolina’s portion of the East Coast. When you’re not soaking up some sun, explore the Outer Banks’ iconic lighthouses or take in the view from one of the area’s piers. To give your kids a dose of history, head to the Wright Brothers National Memorial, which sits on the location of the brothers’ famous first flight. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 78 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoSan Diego#5 in Best Family Summer VacationsAnalysis paralysis is the only issue facing families visiting San Diego, as the California city offers so many excellent things to do. If your children have an affinity for exotic animals, check out the world-renowned San Diego Zoo. Meanwhile, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Coronado Beach offer breathtaking sands for budding architects to use while building sandcastles. Regardless of how your family spends a summer day in San Diego, they’re bound to create lifelong memories. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|FLIGHTS|THINGS TO DO
- View 22 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoBahamas#6 in Best Family Summer VacationsWith family-friendly resorts and warm temperatures, the Bahamas is a solid family summer vacation spot. Many island hotels feature kids clubs, water sports equipment rentals and massive pool and water park areas. Plus, children and adults alike can enjoy the islands’ excellent desserts, which include guava duffs and rum cakes. (Don’t worry, most of the alcohol cooks off during baking.) Of the summer months, June is the best month to visit since hurricanes become more of a threat later in the season. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 30 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoAnaheim-Disneyland#7 in Best Family Summer VacationsMany adults still remember their first visit to Disneyland, making it no surprise that Anaheim is a top summer destination for families. Although kids would likely be perfectly content spending their entire vacation at Disneyland itself, Mickey Mouse isn’t this Southern California city’s only draw. Families can explore Anaheim’s lesser-known theme parks, such as Adventure City and Knott’s Berry Farm. Be sure to enjoy Anaheim’s warm weather, too, as it’s (probably) not every day your family gets to bask in the California sun. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 37 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoJackson Hole#8 in Best Family Summer VacationsBoasting incredible mountain scenery, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is a great option for families who want to immerse themselves in nature. Adults and kids can hike through Grand Teton National Park (and keep an eye out for wildlife!) before setting up camp within the park. The area also offers horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and river floating tours, and memorable whitewater rafting excursions start up for the summer season in May. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|THINGS TO DO
- View 21 PhotosBelongs on List?YesNoNiagara Falls#9 in Best Family Summer VacationsNiagara Falls is the quintessential family vacation. Niagara’s location between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie on the U.S.-Canada border makes it easy to reach during a road trip from American cities like New York, Philadelphia, Cleveland and Detroit. Kids and parents alike can enjoy an up-close view of the tumbling falls during a Maid of the Mist boat excursion or a Journey Behind the Falls walking tour. Additionally, the falls sit close to animal-focused attractions, such as the Aquarium of Niagara and the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory. READ MOREBEST HOTELS|FLIGHTS|
With spring break in the rearview mirror and summer vacation nearly upon us, June is the month that many families begin travel planning in earnest. It also marks the beginning of the busiest and most expensive travel season, meaning there are fewer deals on hotels, vacation rentals, car rentals, and flights at the best family vacation spots. Fortunately, that’s not the case everywhere, and with a little know-how you can still enjoy cheap family vacations in some of the most popular places to visit in the U.S. and around the world.
The Best Places to Visit in June
This year, the best family vacation ideas for June span the globe from coastal New England to the waterpark capital of the world. Here’s where to go in June to get a head start on your summer travels.
SUMMER GETAWAYS: 11 Best Family Beach Vacations in the U.S.
1. Chicago, Illinois
As the third largest city in the U.S. and a staple of Midwest family vacations, it’s no wonder Chicago offers endless entertainment options for young and old. While you might save a bit more by visiting in the spring or fall, June offers a perfect balance between good weather and affordable prices. To snag the best deals, book as far in advance as possible and purchase tickets for any major attractions at the same time.