This article will take you through 51 Singapore Business Visa For Indian . This information is useful for someone looking to visit Singapore for business. We hope this helps people who are considering about Singapore business visa.
If you are an Indian looking to do a business in Singapore then I would say that there are quite a few options for business visa and business travels to Singapore. There are several Visa categories in which you can apply for to visit Singapore as a part of your official business trip.
If you are an Indian citizen who is looking for Singapore business visa, this article can help you. Learn about Singapore business visa application process, eligibility criteria and documents required for India passport holders.
Singapore Business Visa For Indian
Singapore is one of the most sought-after destinations for business, especially after the launch of several free trade agreements. Many countries have benefitted from the FTA, including India. In 2015, $2.05 billion foreign investments were received by Singapore, taking total foreign investments since 2010 to over $12 billion.
Singapore Business Visa For Indians – Definitive Guide
Despite its diminutive nature, Singapore is a monster when it comes to business. Being ranked constantly at the top of the Ease of Doing Business Index, the country has one of the easiest and the freest business regulations. The Singapore business visa has allowed several businessmen to explore the business opportunities.
What is Singapore Business Visa?
The business visa is an endorsement that lets individuals travel to Singapore to take part in business-related activities such as meetings, conferences, trade fairs, etc. A large number of nationalities have visa-free entry into the country. However, since India is not among them, a Singapore business visa for Indian citizens is a mandatory requirement to travel to the nation. The permit is issued in the form of an e visa for Indians and can be granted for a duration of 30 days or even up to 90 days with single-entry or multiple-entries based on your choice and the decision of the High Commission.
How to Apply for Singapore Business Visa?
The application process for the Singapore business visa from India is quite complicated. In fact, it is not possible for you to apply directly to the Singapore High Commission. You can apply it through a local contact in Singapore, through a strategic partner in Singapore, or through one of the authorized visa agents in India.
Before starting the application, you must first check that you are eligible to apply for the business permit. After that, you can proceed to make the application as follows –
- Visit the website of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore and fill in the application form (Form 14A).
- You can type it, or it can be filled in by hand.
- Visit one of the authorized visa agents.
- Submit the application to them, along with the necessary fees and documents.
- The agency will then make the application at the respective mission.
- In some cases, you will be required to attend a visa interview at the Singapore High Commission or Consulates.
Ensure that you provide only genuine documents and fill-in correct information. Providing false information or fake documents can lead to visa rejection.
Eligibility for Singapore Business Visa
In order to be able to successfully apply for the Singapore business visa for Indians, you must meet the following criteria –
- You must be living in India while lodging the application. If you are living on a residence permit in another nation, you will have to apply to the respective authority there.
- You must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of your entry in the country.
- Your sole purpose of the visit must be to take part in business-activities alone (Tourism is permitted).
- You must possess sufficient funds to support your stay.
- The application has to be made by an agency, local contact in Singapore, or a strategic partner in Singapore.
- You must be invited by a company in Singapore.
Documents Required for Singapore Business Visa
As per the Singapore business visa requirements from India, you must submit the following documents for a successful application –
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry in Singapore.
- 2 photographs as per the specifications.
- A duly filled and signed application form.
- Confirmed air tickets.
- Bank statements for the past 6 months.
- Covering letter from the sending Indian company, addressed to the embassy/consulate.
- Invitation letter from the Singaporean company with whom you will be doing business.
- Form v39A – letter of introduction.
Photo Specification of Singapore Business Visa
The Singapore business visa photo requirements state that the photographs submitted must meet the following specifications –
- Dimensions: 35mm X 45mm
- Colour: Coloured
- Head must occupy the central position
- Must be captured within the last 3 months
- Background: Solid, plain white or grey
- 80% face coverage
- Neutral expression
- Glasses: Non-thick framed and prescription glasses
- Headgears – only for religious reasons
- Facial hair – permitted
Processing Time for Singapore Business Visa
The time taken to process the business e visa is only 1 working day. However, this can vary significantly based on several factors such as the volume of applications at the mission, the number of entries, the duration and validity, and so on. However, the High Commission expects that you apply for the visa at least 1 month prior to your date of intended travel.
Singapore Business Visa Fees
The fees for the Singapore business permit is dependent on the foreign exchange rates, as well as the service charges to be paid to the authorized travel agent. As a result, ensure that you check the exact amount before starting the application.
|Multiple entry Normal||30 days||2 years||2050.0|
Once you have submitted your application to an authorized travel agency, they will submit the application at the High Commission of Singapore in New Delhi, or at one of the Consulates in Mumbai or Chennai, as per the jurisdiction. In certain cases, you may have to attend an interview at the mission. After this, the respective mission will process your application.
Once your application is approved, your visa agent can download the e visa from the respective portal and send it to you. You must then take a print out of this and carry it during your travel.
How to Check Visa Status?
To know the status of your business permit application, you can click here and enter the reference number and your passport number. However, since the visa agency will be making the application, it is easier if you contact them to know the status.
When you have this visa
On successfully obtaining your business permit, you must keep in mind the following few points to ensure that you have a hassle-free journey –
Before you travel –
- Note the validity, stay duration, and the number of entries mentioned on your visa. You must not stay in the country beyond this period.
- Carry all your travel documents before you travel to the country.
At the border
- You must show your passport with the visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry. Your entry stamp will be placed on the passport.
- You may be asked to show the copy of the other documents submitted as part of your application.
- You may be asked about the basic details of your visit. This may include questions about the company you will doing business with. Ensure that you answer honestly and without any hesitance.
When you enter Singapore
- While you are on a business permit, you cannot work on the payroll of a Singaporean company.
- You may extend this type of visa.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa while you are travelling within the country.
- You must respect the culture and customs of the country, as well as abide by the immigration laws during your stay.
- Singapore is known for having hefty fines for breaking laws. As a result, ensure that you strictly abide by them.