Singapore Dependent Visa For Wife

If you had visited us before 6th July 2016, you would have seen this content in the landing page. The content not only made visitors read more about the topic but it had a better conversion rate than our other pages. We have been able to increase the conversion rate by over 100% and at the same time we have also gained more targeted visitors who are interested in Singapore Dependent Visa For Wife.If you want to see the difference, click here: Singapore Dependent Visa For Wife .

Are you searching for ‘Singapore Dependent Visa For Wife’? Are you looking out for some dependant? Are you looking out for a Singapore visa ? If yes, then most probably you can find the solution to this problem if you continue reading.

Affectionately termed as the “Tourist Visa”, the Singapore Dependent Visa allows eligible foreign individuals to remain in Singapore for a period of two years on a non-work pass. In order to qualify for the Singapore Dependent Visa, you or your spouse must be working full-time in Singapore, regardless of whether you’re a permanent resident or citizen.

Singapore Dependent Visa For Wife

I had been married for 5 years and we were quite happy in our marriage but there was one thing that was bugging me. I was a foreigner in Singapore and my wife is from the Philippines. Though my Singpass ID made it look like I was a permanent resident of Singapore many things still remained difficult. First of all, though my wife is a permanent resident of Singapore, I wasn’t. As soon as I start looking into things, it becomes clear to me that I am here as a dependent to my wife. It meant that if something happens to her, it means I have no place to go back to and this gives rise to mixed feelings. However, once you get your own PR status in Singapore, things become easier for you.

If you are planning to move to Singapore with a family member who has moved there for work, you will need a Dependant’s Pass (DP). Here’s how you can apply for one.

What is a Dependant’s Pass?

A Singapore Dependant’s Pass (DP) is a relocation visa issued to selected family members of Employment Pass, S Pass holders, EntrePass holders or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders.

Dependant’s Passes are valid as long as the holder of the main Singapore work visa is actively working in Singapore. DP pass holders can live, enter and leave Singapore freely without having to apply for separate Singapore entry visas. 

Who is eligible for a Dependant’s Pass?

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years old (both birth and legally adopted children) of Employment Pass, S Pass, EntrePass or PEP holders who are earning at least S$6,000 a month can apply for a Dependant’s Pass.

If the baby of a Singapore work visa holder is born in Singapore, the hospital will give you a Notification of Live Birth and Advisory Note from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). These documents can be used to register for a birth certificate. It also acts as a Special Pass to allow the newborn to stay in Singapore for 6 weeks. During this time, you should apply for a passport for your baby from your embassy or high commission.

Common law spouse of Singapore work visa holders are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass. However, subject to certain conditions, they are usually eligible for a Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP).

What documents do I need to apply for a Dependant’s Pass?

  • A completed Dependant’s Pass application form
  • A copy of the personal particulars page of your /your child’s passport
  • A copy of the official marriage, birth or adoption certificates as proof of relationship
  • Educational details, if any
  • School enrollment details in an educational institute in Singapore, if any
  • Salary details for the most recent employment held, if any

Do note that application forms for children under 16 should be signed by the parent on behalf of the child. Relevant certificates that are not in English must be translated by a certified translator and submitted along with the original certificate copy.

How do I apply for a Dependant’s Pass, and how long does the process take?

Dependant’s Pass applications can be submitted either online (for dependants of Employment Pass and S Pass holders) or manually (for dependents of EntrePass, Personalised Employment Pass and Employment Pass (sponsorship) holders). DP applications must be applied by the employer of the Singapore work visa holder and filed separately for each eligible family member. 

DP applications are usually processed between 3-5 weeks. If the DP application was submitted together with the Singapore work visa application, the outcome will be most likely known at the same time.

How do I know if my Dependant’s Pass has been approved, and how do I collect it? 

When your Dependant’s Pass application is approved, an In-Principle-Approval (IPA) letter will be issued by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The DP applicant must be in Singapore in order to collect the pass. 

You will need to present the following documents when you collect your Dependant’s Pass:

  • The IPA letter you received
  • Your/your child’s passport
  • Any other documents requested in the IPA letter such as medical test reports, embarkation/disembarkation cards, etc.

How do I renew my Dependant’s Pass?

When the work pass of the Singapore work visa holder is due for renewal, MOM will send Dependant’s Pass renewal forms to the his/her employer, where they can be renewed simultaneously.

I’m a Dependant’s Pass holder. Can I study or work in Singapore? 

If your Singapore work visa holder possesses an Employment Pass, PEP or EntrePass, you can work in Singapore. To do so, your potential employer needs to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) from MOM by completing the LOC application form. LOCs are usually processed within a week. 

Your LOC will expire at the same time as your Dependant’s Pass. Therefore, you should renew the LOC whenever your DP is renewed and issued.

A child on a Dependant’s Pass can freely enroll in local or international K-12 schools in Singapore. However, DP holders pursuing higher education in Singapore are required to apply for a student visa.

Can Dependant’s Pass holders apply for permanent residence?

Yes, Dependant’s Pass Holders can apply for permanent residence (PR) in Singapore together with the Singapore work visa holder. If the Singapore work visa holder’s PR application is approved, the PR application of the DP holder will be approved as well.

Leave a Comment