Citizens of United States of America can get visas from the embassy and consulate of Singapore in an easy and hassle-free manner.
If you are citizen of usa and wish to travel Singapore for tourist or business purpose then you should go directly to the Singaporean authority and make your visa application. However, this process time is different as per country so better check with the authority of Singapore.
Singapore Visa For Us Citizen
Singapore is one of the top tourist destinations in Asia. The country offers many attractions to tourists and to surfers, one has to obtain a visa before entering the country. Most of the people get confused while applying for Singapore visa because they don’t know where to go and who to contact. In fact, there are many online service providers that provide services such as getting you visa on arrival, applying for multiple entry visas, applying for business visas etc. If you want to know about these types of visa then you can log in the official site which is http://sivisaonline.com/ and get relevant information that how you can follow certain procedures to apply for different types of visa like business or crew or student or employment visa etc.
Don’t forget to get a Visa for your next trip to Singapore. I have had clients in the past who didn’t get a visa and it causes quite a few problems. So if you don’t have a Singapore visa yet, get one before you travel to Singapore.
Singaporeans who wish to find out if they require a visa to visit a particular country should contact the country’s representative closest to you to be apprised of the latest requirements.
All foreign visitors must ensure that they meet or possess entry requirements as stated by the Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Please click here for the requirements.
US Passport Holders (regular, official and diplomatic) do not require a visa to enter Singapore for business or for social visit purposes. They must, however, meet the entry requirements as mentioned above.
Countries/Regions which require a visa for entry into Singapore
If your travel document is issued by one of the countries or regions below, you will need a visa to enter Singapore:
|Democratic People’s Republic of Korea||Macao Special Administrative Region (Travel Permit)||Tunisia|
|Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Document of Identity)||Morocco||Uzbekistan|
|Iraq||People’s Republic of China (PRC)|
You will also need a visa if you are travelling on:
- A Palestinian Authority passport
- A temporary passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
- Refugee travel documents issued by a Middle East country. These travel documents are subject to assessment of recognition for entry into Singapore.
A Singapore visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for the holder of a valid Singapore visa to travel to, and seek entry, into Singapore. The grant of an immigration pass will be determined by the ICA officers at the point of entry. Possession of a valid visa alone does not guarantee entry into Singapore. The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on your passport and it is not tied to the validity of your visa.
Visa-Free Transit Facility
Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States, Georgia, India, The People’s Republic of China (PRC), Turkmenistan and Ukraine may be eligible for the Visa-Free Transit Facility (VFTF).
Submission of visa applications through Singapore Embassy in Washington D.C.
In addition to the entry requirements stipulated by ICA, please note the following:
A) Visa applications may be submitted online, in-person or by mail. You are advised to apply for an entry visa within 30 days prior to arrival in Singapore.
- Online. If the applicant has a local sponsor who is a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident above 21 years with a SingPass account, they can submit the visa application via SAVE.
- In person. Consular services are by appointment only. The Embassy will not accept any walk-in request. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 9.00 AM to 1.00 PM. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Embassy via email at email@example.com.
- By mail. Our mailing address is:
3501 International Place NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
You may address your package to “Singapore Embassy”. Please note that you may use the courier of your choice. We advise using a service that will provide a tracking number.
B) Documents required (please refer to http://www.ica.gov.sg/visitor/visitor_entryvisa and ensure the following are included in your application)
- A copy of air ticket and hotel reservations. Detailed proposed itineraries (of flight and hotel) will suffice.
- A valid visa to the next destination should be obtained (if applicable). If you are returning to USA after visiting Singapore, please submit a clear copy of your valid US Resident Alien/PR Card, US visa or relevant documentary proof confirming legal entrance (i.e. INA Parole Paper, I-20 etc).
- One recent (taken within last three months) passport size photo. The photo must be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish. The image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide facial features).
- On a separate document, please provide a daytime contact number and email address.
C) Processing fee
- The processing fee is US$22.00 per visa application. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
- We accept money order or cashier’s check only, made payable to “Singapore Embassy”. Do not send cash through the mail.
- All fees are subject to change without notice.
D) Processing time
- The processing time for visa applications is three to eight business days from the date of receipt of the complete application.
- Please note some applications may take longer. Applicants should therefore give allowance for processing and possible postal delays before their intended departure.
- There is no expedited service.
- Incomplete applications may result in the application being rejected or delayed.
Check Status of Visa Application
You can check the status of your visa application and print a copy of the e-Visa by following the below steps:
Step 1: Go to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website at www.ica.gov.sg
Step 2: At ICA homepage, scroll down to section<Frequently Accessed eServices> and click on <Visa(SAVE)>
Step 3: Scroll the page down and click on <Status Enquiry>
Step 4: Key in your <Application Reference Number (WASXXXXXXSAXXXXXXX) >and <Travel Document Number (XXXXXXXX)>
Step 5: If your application is approved, click on <Proceed> to get the copy of the e-Visa
If you had already been issued with a valid visa but misplaced the copy of your e-Visa, you can also follow the above steps to print a copy of your e-Visa.