Having decided to get Slovakia visa for Indian passport holders, the next big question or two is about how and where to do Slovakia visa for Indian passport holders? You may have heard that e-Visa for Slovakia is available for Indian passport holders as well. Let me explain how this works.
Planning for a trip to Slovakia ? If yes, you must be looking for information on Slovakia Visa . Get all the details on Slovakia Visa from this post.
The Slovak Republic is a member of Schengen passport free region. If you hold an Indian passport, you can visit this beautiful country without having to apply for a visa.
Slovakia Visa For Indian Passport Holders
While Slovakia does not have a passport visa policy for Indian citizens, it does require you to hold a relevant visa for the country. You can get Slovak visa online or by going to an embassy.
Slovakia Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Slovakia, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion.
Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in Slovakia permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Slovakian Schengen Visa since 2007 when Slovakia as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
Slovakia Entry Restrictions in Response to Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Slovakia, as well as the rest of the EU and Schengen Area members imposed an EU-wide entry ban on third-country nationals in mid-March 2020.
With the improved epidemiological situation in the EU and abroad arrival to Slovakia through the external border is possible for the following categories third-country nationals:
- Those who have a valid residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic
- Those who are relatives of persons with the permanent or temporary residence in the Slovak Republic or relatives of the Slovak citizens
- Residents of Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan
- At the same time, third-country nationals who belong to one of the categories listed following can now enter Slovakia:
- EU/EEA citizens transiting through the Slovak Republic, on condition that the transit is geographically justified
- Freight drivers, pilots, aircrew members or other aeronautical members, crew members on cargo ships, wagon engineers, engine drivers, train crews and rail freight operators
- Drivers and crews
- Employees of funeral services carrying out international transport of mortal remains for the purpose of burial or cremation
- MEPs elected in the Slovak Republic and their family members
- Persons appointed to the embassy of the Slovak Republic, who enter Slovakia during and after the end of being posted abroad, alongside with their family members
- Persons entering the territory of the Slovak Republic due to the implementation of a valid court decision in the matter of performing joint custody of a minor child, or the right to be in contact with a minor child
- Civil servants and employees performing work in the public interest sent to perform tasks arising from the representation of the Slovak Republic in an international organization or international military agency outside the territory of the Slovak Republic
Whereas the following categories will need approval by the relevant ministry of the Slovak Republic in order to be able to enter the Slovak territory:
- Those entering or leaving Slovakia for the purpose of ensuring acute and urgent diagnosis and treatment, protocol prevention and treatment, and continued treatment of health conditions of themselves or the relatives of these persons
- Those entering Slovakia based on the request of court or law enforcement agencies
- Those providing service and maintenance of agricultural and forestry machinery, crews of agricultural and forestry machinery and persons accompanying them
- Employees of international organizations, international financial institutions and EU institutions with a place of work in Slovakia, and their family members.
General required documents for a Slovakian Schengen Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Slovakian Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Slovakia and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Slovakia and itinerary
- Dummy Air Ticket with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Slovakia
- Hotel Accomodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Slovakia
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Slovakia.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Slovakian Visa application.
Additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Slovakian Visa Application:
Slovakian Tourist/Visitor Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Slovakia with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Slovakia Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Slovakian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Slovakia Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Slovakia, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Slovakia Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Slovakia Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Slovakia Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Slovakia Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Slovakian citizen:
- Proof of Slovakian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Slovakian nationality or naturalization order)
- Slovakian marriage certificate
- Slovakian family record book
Slovakia Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Slovakia Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Slovakian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Can I extend my Schengen visa in Slovakia?
Yes, you can extend your Slovak Schengen visa but only in exceptional cases where new facts and special reasons arise after entry in Slovakia.
Please read the article Extending a Schengen Visa to understand in what circumstances and what are the conditions you must fulfill in order to be eligible to Extend your Slovak Schengen Visa.
Attention! Please consult the Slovakian Embassy in your country for the updated Slovakia Visa requirements!