Student Visa For Studying Abroad In London

Applying for a student visa for studying abroad in London is not an easy task, but with the help of expert guidance, you can make the process a lot easier. We have several years of experience and possess an extensive knowledge on the subject that we can share with the readers.

Also known as a student visa for studying abroad in London, a student visa allows students to attend technical and further education courses. UK study visas are available for full time and part time study at both state and independent schools, colleges, universities and private training establishments. Student visas allow multiple years of stay in the United Kingdom (UK)and are generally issued for two years at a time with the possibility to renew until the visa expires. You can apply for extension or switch to another category during your stay in the UK.

If you want to study abroad in London, you’ve come to the right place. There are many different things to consider when studying abroad, but two of the most important things are funding your education and taking the steps to apply for a student visa. We have provided information and tools that will help you navigate the process of student visa London.

Student Visa For Studying Abroad In London

When you are unable to get a student visa in the country of your choice there are always other techniques to still be able to study abroad without a student visa. This article is going to help you figure out your options when it comes to studying abroad without a student visa: – Exemptions from the need to have a student visa. – Other ways around getting a student visa for students who wish to study abroad but are not able to get one due to different reasons

England Passport and Visa Information


To study abroad, you must have a signed, valid passport from your country of citizenship that will not expire for a minimum of six months after your planned return date. If you do not have a passport, or it’s about to expire, make sure you apply or renew as soon as possible! U.S. Citizens can refer to the U.S. Department of State‚Äôs website for more information regarding passports.


A Student Visa is official permission by a foreign government to live and study in that country. It typically comes in the form of a stamp that is inserted directly into your passport. A Student Visa is required for all yearlong students and London Met students participating in an internship.

U.S. citizens studying in England for a single semester (less than 6 months) will enter on the “Visitor Route” and will not need to apply for a visa before departure. They will, however, need to prepare documentation to present to border control upon their arrival in the U.K.

Yearlong students and those participating in an internship through their host university (regardless of program length) are required to apply for a Student Visa prior to departure. Students applying for a Student Visa must complete the application process prior to departure. You will be required to appear in person at a biometrics facility in order to complete this process.

Further information will be posted to your USAC Student Gateway account in the Visa Guide, which you will receive about four months prior to the program start. Program Advisors in the Central Office are also available to answer any visa questions you may have.

All costs related to obtaining a visa, including travel, are your responsibility.

Non-U.S. Citizens

Check with your home country consulate, as well as the embassy of the country in which you plan to study, regarding visa requirements. Permanent Residents of the U.S. should check with U.S. Immigration as leaving the country for more than one year may jeopardize permanent resident status. Tax clearance and re-entry forms may also be necessary in these cases. If you are from a non-English speaking country, you may be required to submit an English proficiency exam or certificate.

Leave a Comment