Visa For Performing Artist

The visa for performing artists is defined as a B visa in the U.S. immigration law. It enables non-immigrant alien artists, entertainers and athletes, who are not citizens of the United States, to enter US temporarily to perform in “touring” or “recording” activities.

Are you a performing artist? If you are a Performing Artist, and will be traveling outside of your home country for any type of performance or appearance, it is unlawful for you to travel without first obtaining a Performing Artists’ Visa.

The U.S Government has been offering a Visa to Arts Professionals that are invited to perform in the United States.

If you are an international performing artist or athlete and wish to enter the U.S. on a non-immigrant performing artist or athlete visa, you must be coming to the U.S. to perform at a specific pre-arranged engagement such as taking part in a concert, pageant, competition, festival, or activity.

An artist visa is a non-immigrant visa which allows foreign artist to come to the United States to undertake artistic performances. It is commonly referred to as a P1 Visa, not be confused with a standard business P-1 Visa.

Artists have a lot of stress during their career. The more famous they are, the more they are forced to be in public and endure

Are you a performing artist who needs to travel outside of your home country?

We can help.

At Touriago, we understand that visa applications can be stressful and confusing. Our team of professionals are here to help you navigate the process and make sure your visa application is successful.

We have helped thousands of artists get their visas for their shows around the world and can do the same for you.

Visa For Performing Artist

If you are an artist who plans to be in the United States for more than 30 days, you need a visa. You can get a visa for performing artist if you are going to be paid for your performance. You must also have proof of employment from the person who is paying you.

To apply for a visa, you need to fill out Form DS-160, which can be found on the U.S. Embassy website. You will need to provide biographical information and details about how long you plan to stay in the country. In addition, if you have been convicted of a crime or were ever arrested or detained by law enforcement, you should include this information on your application form as well as any other relevant history such as prior visas or arrests abroad.

After completing Form DS-160, print it out and take it with you to the U.S. Embassy where they will review it before issuing an appointment time for an interview with an embassy official (you will receive an email with instructions and further instructions once inside). During this interview, they will ask questions about your background and why you want to visit America along with other questions related directly to why they should grant

The Performing Artist Visa is for artists who want to perform in the United States.

The process for this visa is different than for other types of visas, and requires you to show proof that you will be paid for your performance. This can include contracts, an itinerary of shows, and more.

If you are approved for a Performing Artist Visa, you can stay in the U.S. for up to three years at a time.

If you are a performing artist who wishes to enter the United States to perform in a non-profit event or series of events, you may be able to obtain a B-1/B-2 visa.

The B-1/B-2 visa category is reserved for those who wish to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or pleasure or medical treatment (B-2). If you wish to enter the U.S. solely for the purpose of participating in a festival, competition, performance or demonstration, then your application should be made under this category. However, if you are coming solely for purposes such as to receive training in a particular field and return home after completing your training, then you should apply under another visa category which will allow you more time in the U.S.

If you’re a performing artist looking to visit the United States, there are a few things you need to know.

First, you’ll need a visa. Second, it must be an I-129 form, which is an application for nonimmigrant visas for aliens who seek temporary entry for the purpose of performing as athletes or entertainers. Third, you’ll also need to provide documentation that shows that your talent is exceptional and that its loss would result in substantial harm to the U.S. entertainment industry.

Entertainment Visa for the USA For Artists & Performers

Entertainers and artists who are not US citizens and who do not have a US Green Card will need to secure permission to enter the US to perform in a professional capacity.

This means applying for the relevant US entertainment visa and for work authorization relating to film, tv and theatre performances where the individual will be paid.

A lot is a stake for entertainers travelling to the US to perform. Contractual obligations, fan expectations and your own career aspirations and experience all ride on your visa being granted.

This means ensuring you select the most appropriate visa, and then compile an application that is thorough, comprehensive and supports your eligibility. Issues with visa applications can result in delayed processing or even outright refusals.

You will also have to pass the general grounds for admissibility as part of the visa application, which includes the good character requirement. Criminal convictions will be taken into consideration during adjudication. Taking professional advice can help you understand your options and whether you need for example to also submit a waiver of inadmissibility to address and prior criminal record.

P Visa for performers

  • P-1 for members of an entertainment group
  • P-2 exchange program for artists and entertainers
  • P-3 for artists and performers considered ‘culturally unique’
  • P-4 for dependants and P for support employees.

The P-1 visa is for internationally recognized entertainment groups can for up to 1 year or a shorter, required duration for a specific performance or event. It is not suitable for individual applicants. Support workers deemed essential to the group’s performance may also qualify under the P-1.

Family members may also qualify under the P-4 visa.

A petition is filed with USCIS by the US employer of the entertainment group (or its US agent) along with a contract between the employer/agent and the entertainment group/individuals and an itinerary of the events in the US.


At, we collect info from trusted sources about shows across the world. We make it easy for artists to find out about opportunities in their area. Performers can promote themselves and their music to event organizers and festival organizers around the world.

Leave a Comment